Safekeeping Genius | Reconciliation and Collateral Management
Safekeeping Genius provides a real-time, reconciliation and collateral management and processing solution for the accounting and maintenance of customer accounts, tracking payments and safekeeping securities across multiple asset classes, offering breadth as well as depth of functionality.
Developed through collaboration with our clients, the Safekeeping Genius system, which is fully integrated with our Portfolio Genius and TPG Trader systems, provides a platform that facilitates daily security safekeeping and processing functions. Features of the Safekeeping Genius system include:
- Daily transaction entry (receive vs. pay, receive free, deliver vs. pay and deliver free)—users with high trade volumes can import purchases and sales through the optional TPG Data Link module to enhance efficiency
- Pledge and release securities in various pledging arrangements, such as lendings, advances, options, etc.
- Payment reconciliation and clearing can be automated by importing custodial intra-day files (Bank of New York, Citibank, etc.), reducing the opportunity for data entry error (system-generated payment projections can also be reconciled to imported custodial projections)
- Available upstream interfaces to data vendors such as Bloomberg Data License and Interactive Data Corporation automate CUSIP generation
- Separately permissionable function geared toward safekeeping trade entry
- Delivery instructions independent of safekeeping location
- Holdings available to reverse in on repo and be automatically marked as “used for collateral”
- Reconciliation and collateral management
News and Events
SOC 2 Type II Audit Conducted at TPG